Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Scrammbled or sunny side up

So today I happened to learn something new from Cora and actually turned out to be very entertaining. Since Anna is gone with Mia, she bet me a dollar to learn something new from Cora each day she is gone that I don't know. An infamous dollar bet originating back the days of the Poker Shack and Man Room. Started all with a frisbee to the head of passing pay coed by Aaron Forrester, and now we are here.
So she has been coming to my work after school and doing homework and drawing and writing stories in my office while I finish out my day. It is awesome having "take your daughter to work day" every day. Truly a blessing. Well today I was being recognized with an award from the Hospital Commander and so I was gone for a bit and Cora was hanging out with Neomie, the ER doctor, my boss. They got into the discussion of whether or not Cora likes eggs. And it went something like this....
"I do like eggs but not the scrambled ones."
"Really? Why not?"
"Well, I do but they are too gooey and runny."
"Oh, you mean you don't like sunny side up?"
"What no...wait, what is that?"
"Well lets look at google images and to see OK Cora?"
"OK"
"See right there, I don't like that, but I love those."
"Oh so you do love scrambled eggs?"
"Yeah, and tonight we are having steak and eggs that daddy is cooking."
Well, needless to say, we went to the PX to buy her a new brush because her's had seen better days, and as we were leaving I hear...
"daddy, can we go over there?"
and my response was,
"I will have a number 6 and a kids hamburger meal with a slushy please."
It is so much fun spending time with my older daughter. Thanking God for the opportunity to bond with her deeper and learn more and more about her heart.
Stay tuned for tomorrow's fun Cora fact!

1 comment:

kathy said...

Love it!!! Miss you two.