Monday, January 11, 2010

Bad Hair Day

Cora was huuularious today coming home from school. I went to meet her at school so I could go inside and help her find her mitten she "lost" there last week. So I go into the school which to me is always slightly frightening. I have to push the little "talk to me" button and the scretary asks me what I want and I simply tell her I want to look through the 'lost and found' and I am here to get Cora Hahn. "Ok, come on in" she says. Then I ask if she needs me to sign in or anything and she says nope go ahead. Wow, and this is a DOD school too. Anyway...
Walking home
"Hey Cora how was your day?"
"It was good, my shoulder almost fell off though?"
"What, what do you..."
"It really hurts, i almost ripped it right off."
"Oh wow, what were you doing that hurt it so bad?"
"And I have a headache too, oh we were playing a game where we had to run around in circles and throw and catch balls."
"That sounds like fun though"
"What Dad? Are you seious? A headache and your shoulder ripping out sounds like fun?"
"Oh you are right, my bad."
A few more yards are walked and she says...
"Dad, am I almost 10 yet?"
"Hahaha, no ma'am, you are not why?"
"Because 10 year olds have a lot of pain and I am really hurting and it feels like I am ten."
WHAT!!!! That is what I should be saying turning 30 in a couple of weeks, not a 6.5 year old. Hahah, 10 year-olds have a lot of pain. Wow. Starting to young.

No comments: