Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"handy"

For those of you who have never been to Europe, they refer to the cell phone as a "handy".
While walking home from school today Cora and I believe actually had our first official argument over when she can have a cell phone. WHAT!!! She is 6!!
"Dad, when do I get my own cell phone?"
"What makes you think you get your own cell phone?"
"Dad, I get a cell phone...to be safe."
"What do you mean?"
"Well, what if I fall and break my leg at school?"
"Why do you need a phone at school?"
"Then I could call you if I broke my leg. You know for emergencies."
"I think the teachers could call us."
"No dad, they couldn't...they have to teach."
"You can have cell phone when you are 17"
"Awweeessome! this summer."
"No Cora that is 7."
"No dad it isn't"

1 comment:

Patricia Murphy said...

I love the "the teachers have to teach" argument. She is so adorable. Thank you for sharing these moments.