Monday, March 14, 2011

yard work and tables

So yesterday I learned that when your daughter is tied to your dog that it is NOT a good idea to throw a ball for your dog to fetch.  Look, I am just saying...that would have been a 10,000 dollar winner on AFV and a few nights on the couch I suppose.  Regardless she was a good sport about it and thankfully it happened fast enough that only the mark bares a reminder of it. 
Of course our other daughter is the perfect height now for walking into things.  Door knobs, chairs, tables.   I for the life of me can't figure out why she doesn't look where she is going but when her nose met the corner of the table yesterday I thought the world was ending.
Let's not forget about my son, just days away from a year and minutes away from walking aimlessly through his days.  You think you can get more accomplished with the walker but now your guard and awareness has to be more keen.

I learned this morning that a husband is to "...love his wife as his own body.  He who loves his wife loves himself."  Ephesians 5:28

I found this interesting in the fact of its direct meaning in the Word.  It goes on to say that "...because no man has ever hated his body but he feeds it and takes care of it..."  But if you aren't taking care of body does this mean your love is not the same for your wife?  Or if you are to focused on the love of your body does the love for your wife suffer?  Can go either way on the viewpoints here but I do know that I love my wife and my belly may not be a six pack anymore but the love for my wife is greater then any work out I could muster together.  Plus, she cooks and feeds me...so really by me taking care of my body I am doing so through my wife which means she is loving herself through the care of my body.

Once again...women run everything and we mere pawns...but I love it!

No comments: